Ex-teacher and education technology industry insider joins leading teacher CPD technology provider
LONDON (7 May, 2019) – ONVU Learning, the education division of ONVU Technologies, and global pioneers in 360-degree video for teacher training, professional development and remote coaching, today announced it has appointed Robert Aitken as Business Development Manager. ONVU Learning’s Lessonvu solution facilitates the secure recording, review, sharing and analysis of the entire teaching and learning environment, with teacher ownership at its core.
Aitken will lead the company’s education sector outreach. With his teaching background Aitken is sympathetic to educators’ challenges as well as those faced by the sector as a whole, with low retention rates for teachers and high pressure.
ONVU Learning’s Lessonvu enables instant and precise reflective practice for teachers to self-improve under their own direction, or use a mentor if desired. The methodology provides sustainable, supportive and effective CPD with zero disruption in the classroom.
Scott Brothers, Group Chief Operating Officer, ONVU Technologies, said: “We are delighted that Rob has joined our successful team, which has massive potential for our innovative education solution. Rob’s experience will enable us to take advantage of the ever-increasing focus of improving teaching in schools and his appointment further demonstrates our commitment to providing empathy led technology solutions to the education sector.”
“I would have relished the ability to review my own practice as an NQT, and the world-leading solutions that put teachers’ needs and abilities front and centre, under their control, that ONVU Learning provide, are second-to-none,” added Robert Aitken. “Anything which can help improve or reduce the workload of teachers is a very good thing; and a solution that can help improve teacher development is an exceptionally rare thing.”
- Lessonvu is a non-intrusive classroom observation system that is controlled by teachers. Its unique technology allows for the complete recording of 360-degree video and audio, giving a comprehensive view of the entire lesson.
- Video is captured using a high definition 360-degree fisheye camera. The recording is then converted into a more traditional view. The simple, intuitive controls let teachers review, analyse and reflect on the key aspects of the lesson.
- As Lessonvu is set to be always on, teachers have peace of mind knowing every aspect of a lesson will be recorded. It gives teachers a safe, judgement-free and retrospective review of the whole lesson without the need to pre-plan recording.
- Lessonvu is for the sole benefit of the teacher and their mentors and, as such, access is controlled by the teacher. The use of online mentors shows teachers where to look when reviewing their own lessons, rather than what to see.
- Discrete not hidden, non-invasive capturing of the classroom is key to removing the effect visual monitoring has on the teacher and student behaviour.